BCIS Lao Cai – Canadian Curriculum English Teachers
The Bilingual Canadian International School – Lao Cai, Vietnam (BCIS-LC) is part of the newest addition to the established and respected Canadian International School System in Vietnam. BCIS-LC is a program within the Canadian International School in the Northwest region of Vietnam, surrounded by the beautiful mountainous landscape of Lao Cai City. The school complex includes various facilities such as a multi-purpose sporting complex, indoor swimming pools, playing fields, makerspace centre, observatory deck, arts gallery and music theatres, student boarding and teacher residences, and many more. The total area of the school complex is built on 10 hectares of land – making it one of the biggest school campuses in Vietnam.
The bilingual school will be offering the Vietnamese Ministry of Education curriculum with the English program adapted from the Alberta Education curriculum and aligned to Vietnamese learning topics for grades 1 to 12. English medium classes will comprise 30% of the total teaching time at BCIS to give our students an advantage in culture and language in our increasingly global context.
We welcome teachers eligible for Alberta Certification who are looking for an inclusive and immersive international teaching experience whilst being part of a supportive learning community.
English Language Teachers for Grades 1 to 12
Duties and responsibilities include:
In general, teachers at BCIS-LC:
• Identify children’s individual and collective learning needs for their age and grade based on Alberta’s EAL Proficiency Benchmarks and supplemental assessment tools
• Plan and deliver instruction based on student learning needs and approved curricula based on the Alberta Education learning themes and outcomes
• Provide a stimulating learning environment in which each student can experience growth and develop to their potential
• Help students learn appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes
• Use various assessment tools to evaluate and communicate student progress
• Develop caring, positive, and professional relationships with students and staff
• Lead, coordinate and/or support co-curricular activities, sports, and school events such as arts and culture
• Inspire public confidence by developing positive relationships with parents and the school community
• Adhere to the Child Safety Code established by accreditation bodies and school policy
• Integrate core competencies and character education values into the curriculum and into day-to-day school life
• Flexibility and wanting to be part of a dynamic learning team.
At BCIS-LC, English language teachers will teach English Language Arts curriculum, adapted to support the academic themes of the Vietnamese curriculum. The students are English and an Additional Language Learners and teachers will be required to differentiate instruction and develop inclusive practices to facilitate learning for all students. Teachers are expected to work in close collaboration with their Vietnamese colleagues.
All teachers at BCIS-LC must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education and be eligible for Alberta Certification.
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications. It also includes housing, flights, a one-time settling-in allowance, free tuition for the first child and a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the second child. Private medical and health insurance is provided.
✓ If you have questions, please contact the HR Department: email@example.com or (+84) 902 108 113.