CIS Lao Cai – Alberta Curriculum Teachers
The Canadian International School – Lao Cai, Vietnam (CIS-LC) is the newest addition to the established and respected Canadian International School System in Vietnam. CIS-LC is located in the Northwest region of Vietnam, surrounded by the beautiful mountainous landscape of Lao Cai City. The school complex includes various facilities such as a multi-purpose sporting complex, indoor swimming pools, playing fields, makerspace centre, observatory deck, arts gallery and music theatres, student boarding and teacher residences, and many more. The total area of the school complex is built on 10 hectares of land – making it one of the biggest school campuses in Vietnam.
CIS-LC is one of 18 Alberta Accredited International School that are recognized and monitored by the Alberta Ministry of Education. The international school program offers a full Alberta curriculum.
We welcome Canadian teachers who are looking for an inclusive and immersive international teaching experience whilst still being able to be feel the familiarity with the Canadian curriculum and teachings.
– Grade 1
– Grade 2
– Grade 6
– Grade 9
– High School English
– High School Social Studies
– High School Math
– High School Science
– Guidance Counsellor
Duties and responsibilities include:
In general, teachers at CIS-LC:
• Identify children’s individual and collective learning needs for their age and grade
• Plan and deliver instruction based on student learning needs and approved curricula
• Provide a stimulating learning environment in which each child can experience growth and develop to their potential
• Help students learn appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes
• Use various assessment tools to evaluate and communicate student progress
• Work with the School Leadership Team in any accreditation process for school improvement
• Develop caring, positive, and professional relationships with students and staff
• Lead, coordinate and/or support co-curricular activities, sports, and school events such as arts and culture
• Inspire public confidence by developing positive relationships with parents and community
• Adhere to the Child Safety Code established by accreditation bodies and school organization
• Integrate core competencies and character education values into curriculum and day-to-day school life.
Teachers at CIS-LC will be expected to interact with many English as an Additional Language Learners and will be required to differentiate instruction and develop inclusive practices to facilitate learning for the students.
All teachers at CIS-LC must be certificated by Alberta Education.
• NOTE: Under Canadian Labour Mobility Agreements teachers who hold a valid teaching certificate from another Canadian jurisdiction are eligible for certification in Alberta without requiring additional training or examination, with the exception of evidence of language proficiency, which still may be required.
Remuneration is based on experience and qualifications. It also includes housing, cost of flights to and from Canada to Hanoi once per year, a one-time settling-in allowance, free tuition for the first child and a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the second child. Private medical and health insurance is provided.
✓ If you have questions, please contact the HR Department: email@example.com or (+84) 902 108 113.